Skip to content

Travel insurance

Iceland_road_sign_E01.12.svgAll volunteers are required to organise their own travel insurance for the duration of their placement to cover health and personal equipment.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
European volunteers should also also bring an EHIC card (check that it is still in date), which entitles European citizens to health care at local cost. Receipts from the medical care must be presented to your travel insurance company when making a claim. EHIC cards are free.

EHIC explained for UK residents.

Useful pages about insurance…

General nformation and suggestions: “What does my backpacker travel insurance really cover?”

Backpacker insurance comparison website:

Back to list