Accommodation in Reykjavik
Most of our volunteers will need to arrange accommodation in Reykjavik before and after the placements. There are a growing number of places on offer including hostels, guest houses, hotels and even a campsite. We have listed some of the placed our volunteers have stayed in the past. There are now huge numbers of tourists in Reykjavik during the summer months so we recommend that you book your accommodation in advance.
- Reykjavik Campsite – Well organised site with good facilities. Often used by our volunteers and by far the cheapest accommodation option in Reykjavik.
- Kex Hostel – With its own bar and lots of live music… always very popular with our volunteers
- Reykjavik City Hostel (Hosteling International) – Located about 25 minutes walk from the town center, but right next to the town’s biggest swimming pool.
- Reykjavik Downtown Hostel (Hosteling International) Central location.
- Loft Hostel (Hosteling International) Central location, popular with our volunteers.
- Reykjavik Backpackers – Independent hostel, central location, low price.
- Aurora Guesthouse – Central location, low price for a guesthouse, breakfast included.
- Guesthouse Sunna – The most expensive on our list though well priced in comparison with other Reykjavik guesthouses. Very comfortable, good location, great breakfast… Compared to the others listed here, a bit of luxury maybe.